I often receive requests to review different products from cleansers to books. So as you’d expect, I have spent a lot of time reading books and reviewing products in between researching natural treatments for acne – both natural and chemical.
The reason you won’t find many products or publications on this website is that – simply put – MOST of them are not (in my opinion) up to standard for our readers. My number one question is always would I personally pay for and use this?
And that’s why I have decided to write a review for Fix Your Acne by James Jenick because I believe in what he says and I’m impressed with how he has delivered what he knows (despite having initial reservations based on the book’s cover and the website).
Here’s what I discovered:
I have several other requirements or criteria they must meet before I even consider promoting or recommending any product. This ebook ticked all of those boxes…
- Comprehensiveness. Does the author (if it’s a book) tell you whole story and recognize the importance of dealing with ALL aspects of acne, not just the physical symptoms, but also long term prevention AND emotional factors associated with acne. This book covers all aspects of acne concerns including causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatments from commercial options to natural at home remedies. It leaves no questions un answered.
- Full disclosure. It’s not fair just to tell one side of the story. Its important to know all of your options (chemical/natural/surgical etc) so you have a complete view of your options – even if some or most don’t suit you. Many acne products can cause skin irritation or sensitivity. Fix Your Acne explains all of the active ingredients used in products and also surgical alternatives like laser etc. Understanding the pros and cons of all treatments gives you confidence in knowing what treatments are available and best suited to your skin.
- Clear and concise instructions on how to use the product or make your own recipes correctly, and more importantly WHY and HOW to use them. It’s all very well buying products for your skin, but knowing how to use can be the difference between it working and not. Many natural recipes actually work much more effectively on your skin than chemical washes. They also have the added benefits of healing, moisturizing and lightening scars. They also help to balance and protect skin against future breakouts, without having to spend anything extra on your skin.
- Value for money. It’s easy to spend tens, hundreds or even thousands over time on acne treatments. Whatever you are spending money on (products, treatments or books that show you how to use almost free natural recipes), you want to know you’re getting great value – make that AMAZING value and not have to keep forking out for acne products that aren’t giving you a long term result!
- Enjoyment. Who wants to do something or read anything that’s boring, tedious or difficult? No one I know – so it has to be do-able every day (and preferably enjoyable or fun) as part of your every day routine. If it’s not easy – you won’t do it. Simple but true. It should be easy and fun to put into practice or most people won’t do it.
- Permanent. There’s nothing more annoying than investing in something that get’s your hopes up then dashes them. We all like instant gratification – or a quick fix – but the real value in anything is the LONG term result.
- Guarantee. If you believe in your product, then you shouldn’t be afraid to put your money where your mouth is – a 30 day money back guarantee (minimum) gives you the reassurance to give something a good trial and see how you feel. If you don’t like it – you should be able to get your money back NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
- Would I buy it myself? Yes and here’s why. It’s easy to overspend on products and not realize how much the accumulated cost is over time. Buying acne washes, creams, concealers (to hide scars) – it all adds up. At first I thought $37 for an ebook is a bit of a stretch. But actually, when you add up the ongoing cost of skincare products compared to the one off cost of buying a book (with a money back guarantee), you’ll save A LOT more than the $37 you could spend on acne products and makeup, especially when you know what NOT to buy and what natural ingredients you can use in place of them with healing and many other benefits.
- What I didn’t like. The cover looks very “budget”! James Jenick knows his stuff when it comes to acne, he’s done the research and you can be assured of the value in the content he writes. BUT this book is let down by the exterior presentation. (First impressions DO count). It’s easy to read – and the content is laid out well, but the cover (and huh hmm website) is not (in my opinion) representative of the quality and value in the book.
- Conclusion. If you have been dealing with acne for a while and want to know what you can do and use to prevent it (or lessen it’s frequency at the minimum), then this book will explain what you need to do. It also gives you many remedies and alternatives to commercial products saving you the hassle of having to hunt out and pay for products. It covers everything you need to understand acne plus how to deal with it permanently.
I would like to give you some alternatives at this point, but I haven’t found any I feel confident to recommend. If $37 is more than your budget allows – and just want some really effective acne recipes, you can find over 20 of them in my book Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes: Rejuvenating Renewing Masks & Treatments For Beautiful Skin (it’s $10.35 on Amazon)
If you want to check out the authors website feel free. There are also bonuses worth $70 which you’ll get when you buy the book.
If you want to buy Fix Your Acne I have added a direct to checkout link below (redirects to Clickbank’s secure 24 hour checkout). Remember, they give you 60 day money back guarantee with their no questions asked refund policy.
The post Acne Treatment Book Review: Fix Your Acne by James Jenick appeared first on Naturalskincarerecipes.com.